Sabado, Pebrero 25, 2012

Sketching at the Orchestra Concert

24 February 2012
Francisco Santiago Hall - BDO Corporate Center
Makati Avenue, Makati City

it was another great experience that i had the chance to watch an Orchestra Concert and sketch them while performing. the thought of sketching the performers was at first, difficult for me since they are all moving. but when i landed the pen on the paper, i just let my eyes do its task of observing while my hands do the rest of the work. good thing, the lights did not went out and i had the convenience of seeing them perform even in dimmed lights. i had seen several orchestra concerts and it's always never a boring experience. listening to the music keeps my momentum, which helped me came up with several sketches.

after the concert, there held a free dinner for all of us guests and i'm lucky to have the chance to approach the main artists and have them signed my work for their autographs. they were surprised and overwhelmed to see the sketches. we had pep talk then; me and my co-sketcher was also able to promote our art group. we told them about some of our good times together and our manifesto of doing on-location drawings.

i wish to have more experience like this in the future!


The Event
Music Conductor, Chino Toledo
Violinist, Michael Emery
Cellist, Ann Alton
 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento