Sabado, Marso 24, 2012

more FUN with Colors

pen-and-ink has been my style in sketching since college. although i have tried using chalk pastels and colored pencils+markers in some of my plates and other works, i still prefer to create monochrome drawings.

as i remember in one of my subjects in college, we were compelled to submit a watercolor drawing. it was a struggle for me then to use a watercolor; i got a not-so-bad constructive criticism from my professor. from then on, i did not attempt to create watercolor drawings but instead focus on my forte [the monochrome pen-and-ink].

until such time that i became a part of the Urban Sketchers Philippines and i met my co-sketchers who are great watercolor artists. it's nice to know that each of us has unique styles in interpreting our live sketches.

i was encouraged to use watercolor -- i think it's time to make a transition, do some new things which can help me improve as a sketch artist. why not give it a try :)

my first attempt [it's been almost seven years since i last use watercolor for my drawing]

during coffee break at the office [another attempt at watercolor]

did some outdoor practice [live sketch using watercolor]

after several attempts, BIG thanks to my co-sketchers who helped me REcall the basics of watercolor [i think, i got the right brush strokes then ahaha]

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento